PARTY IDEAS FOR A MILESTONE BIRTHDAY IN BRISBANE
When we’re young(er), we celebrate birthdays frequently: from firsts to fifths, double-digit tenths to coming-of-age thirteenths. There are sweet sixteenths, and those eighteenth birthdays that mark our entrance to adulthood. Somehow, we make it through our twenty-firsts, and then we must wait. Nearly a decade will pass before the next milestone birthday. And, with each passing decade, significant birthdays become rarer and more deserving of celebration. If you’re looking for a Brisbane venue to celebrate a milestone birthday, you’ve come to the right place! Our ideas will help you throw a memorable party, whether it’s for yourself, a friend, or loved one.
As Oprah Winfrey said, “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.”
30th Birthday Party
“Thirty was so strange for me. I’ve had to come to terms with the fact that I’m now a walking and talking adult.”
– C.S. Lewis
Welcome to thirty… when you’re old enough to know better, yet some are young enough not to care. Many people have mixed feelings about turning thirty – some mourn their 20’s, whilst others embrace their 30’s as their best years yet. Maybe you’re thirty, flirty, and thriving; or settled with a family and simply surviving! Whatever your circumstances, it’s likely you’ll want your celebration to have a little glow-up to parties of past. We think a cocktail soiree is the perfect solution! Check out our recommendations below:
GLOW-UP COCKTAIL SOIREE
- MENU: Picture woodfired focaccia with condiments on arrival, followed by your choice of cold and warm canapes served to your guests across the evening. Our cocktail package has hungry bellies covered, with the option to add on late night woodfired pizzas or house made ice-cream. Umm, yes please! A signature cocktail is a fitting way to reflect your personality, and an evening espresso martini always goes down well.
- STYLING: Our black velvet ottoman lounges paired with timber high bar tables are a classy addition to your cocktail soiree. Moody hued florals and smoky candle votives add to the elegance and ambience of the event.
- ENTERTAINMENT: Our polished concrete floor is made for dancing, so hire a great DJ and hit the d-floor. For a personalised experience, ask guests to include song requests when they RSVP… a sure way to get the crowd up and dancing.
40th Birthday Party
“At the age of 20, we don’t care what the world thinks of us;
at 30, we worry about what it is thinking of us;
at 40, we discover that it wasn’t thinking of us at all”
– Author Unknown
Who knew forty could look this good! From Beyoncé to Britney, Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Mr Fifty-Shades himself, there is a new generation entering their forties. Millennials have left behind Tamagotchis and mini disc players, only to find Gen Z trying to bring back pencil thin eyebrows and halter tops. Please, no. Far from being over the hill, our “middle-aged” friends – can we even call them that?! – are well and truly still up for a celebration. So, what is the perfect theme for a 40th birthday party? We think it’s time to stop living vicariously through friends enjoying one European summer after another, and bring a little Italian flavour of our own with a Tuscan Long Lunch.
TUSCAN LONG LUNCH
- STYLING: Our long timber tables set the scene for a magnificent tablescape. We’re visualising citrus styling reminiscent of a lemon grove. Scattered lemons and greenery atop a crisp white linen runner will keep things bright and fresh. Place cards finished with twine will add to the rustic orchard vibe. Our exposed brick walls and festoon lights are the perfect backdrop to complement your Tuscan-inspired luncheon.
- MENU: Once seated, guests will be treated to an Italian fare which in our opinion is the ultimate way to break bread. Reminiscent of the Lost Boys feast in Neverland, our dishes fill up the timber risers placed down the middle of long tables. Serve yourself, serve one another, and keep passing those bowls to your belly’s content! Pair with boutique wines and maybe a cheeky limoncello.
- ENTERTAINMENT: Nothing says relaxed long lunch more than basking in the sounds of an acoustic guitar. Whether it’s a playlist or live artist, background chilled music will help set the mood and transport your guests to another place and time.
50th / 60th Birthday Party
“The years between fifty and seventy are the hardest. You are always being asked to do things, and yet you are not decrepit enough to turn them down.”
– T.S. Eliot
There’s a host of benefits to turning fifty or sixty. You’ve reached the age where you can now move to an over-50’s resort, gain access to extra government benefits, and qualify for senior concessions. And yet, you’re still likely attending work functions and dinner parties, hitting the golf course, or running after grandchildren. If you’ve coasted through your 30th or 40th, it’s unlikely that you’ll be able to skip out on a 50th or 60th birthday bash. Far from being a mere onlooker to life, your golden birthday deserves its own moment.
GOLDEN BIRTHDAY BASH
- STYLING: Roll out the red carpet as guests enter our function space via a private laneway entrance. If it’s a wow-factor you’re after, look to have a tasteful balloon or floral arrangement attached to a welcome sign. Gold or silver styling, or pops of bright florals make for eye-catching centrepieces.
- ENTERTAINMENT: It’s all about those throwbacks with a playlist of the best anthems from the 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s. For a fun interactive element to your party, hire a photo booth and create a memorable guest book to look back on in years to come.
- MENU: A grazing table is a mouth-watering way to welcome guests with assorted meats, cheeses, fruit, pickles, breads, and house lavosh. Follow with a 2 or 3-course alternate drop menu, accompanied by a beverage package or bar tab.
70th / 80th / 90th Birthday Party
“Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.”
– Jack Benny
Reaching 70, 80, 90 (or even 100!) is an achievement in itself. There’s no question that as you enter the later decades, life becomes more contemplative and reflective. What better way to celebrate your loved one’s significant milestone than with a trip down memory lane. Round up the family and close friends for a get-together to be treasured. Opt for a Sunday lunch so that all generations can be present… plus Nan can still make it home for her afternoon snooze.
A TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE
- MENU: Share an Italian-inspired feast or choose from a traditional alternate drop lunch. Our handcrafted menus deliver delicious meals made from fresh local ingredients to your guests. Finish off with tea, coffee, and a celebration cake to mark the occasion.
- STYLING: Understated elegance is befitting a refined and stylish event. Our stunning 2-metre crystal chandelier hangs gracefully overhead long timber tables. Italian crystal stemware pairs beautifully with your choice of olive branch or silver dollar eucalyptus spread down the tables with fairy lights.
- ENTERTAINMENT: Bring a tear to the eye with moving speeches using our wireless microphone and surround sound system. Our venue includes use of data projector and screen, perfect for a slideshow full of fond memories. And, don’t forget to gather everyone together for a group photo!
“Age is a matter of feeling, not of year.”
– George William Curtis
If you’d like to hold a significant milestone birthday at Factory51, please contact us. We’d love to show you around our unique Brisbane party venue and provide you with a copy of our Birthday Party Packages.