YOUR GUIDE TO GIVING THE PERFECT WEDDING GIFT
We’ve put together the ultimate gift guide that will see to all the well wishes, thank you’s, and I love you’s that need to be tangibly expressed at a wedding. But first, who are the lucky recipients? There are six main gifting groups:
- The couple (from guests). Whether it’s a physical gift, a voucher for an experience, or a gift of money, it is still considered polite to show up with something to wish the happy couple all the best for their future together.
- The couple (from each other). It can be easy to forget this one amidst the busyness of wedding planning. Take the time to prepare a special gift for your soon-to-be husband or wife, and we guarantee it’ll start your marriage off on the right foot.
- Bridal Party. They’ve been through thick and thin with you, and have likely put in a lot of effort towards your big day. Whether it’s covering part of the cost of their attire/accessories, or gifting them something else to say thank you, don’t forget your besties.
- Parents/Guardians. They’ve raised you. That in itself deserves a whole lot of gratitude! Whether it’s your parents, grandparents, guardians, or special mentors, find a way to express heartfelt thanks for all that they have done for you over the years.
- Special Roles. From ushers to the MC, drivers to those friends with skills that you’ve utilised for your wedding, there are many special roles that need to be acknowledged. Whether it’s a handwritten card or a more expensive gift, the value lies in the appreciation shown.
- Often, wedding suppliers become friends. Their services and support along the way is meaningful and you may wish to thank them in additional to simply paying their invoice.
We’ve rounded up a range of gifts below that go beyond the traditional casserole dish or carton of beer:
The cheesiest of gifts… in the best way possible! With cheese portions, charcuterie, dips, seasonal fruits, mixed olives, and assorted crackers, all these platter boxes need are a bottle of wine to be picnic-ready. For the sweet tooths out there, there’s a Sweet Box option with individual filled doughnuts, brownie bites, and chocolate coated nuts.
Imagine opening the door to a delivery that reads “Someone thinks you’re awesome!” LVLY has a range of goodies, including a Hot Sauce Trio and Beers & Hat for the lads, to a Bath Soak Trilogy and Native Posy for the lasses. Their packaging is beautiful, delivery is quick, and their business is built on the knowledge that small gestures can make a big impact.
Spoil that special someone with an online gift voucher to your favourite restaurant and pizzeria, Factory51. The passionately crafted Italian menu specialises in cold fermented and hand stretched wood-fired pizzas, handmade gnocchi, and lovingly stuffed cannelloni. The recipient(s) of this gift will leave with bellies full and hearts happy.
Whilst we may not be able to cross the border to see our friends, the good news is that Husk can come to us. Rum lovers will be in high spirits receiving a bottle of either Husk Pure Cane (awarded Best International Rum) or their spiced rum Bam Bam (silver in the World Rum Awards). If gin is more their jam, try their Ink or Sloe Gins. Delish.
Kellective by Nikki
Made with love and designed by you, each Kellective by Nikki piece is unique. The Brisbane-based team hand make gold, silver, or rose gold jewellery that tells its own story. Personalise a piece for your loved ones to wear on the wedding day, or send them a KBN Gift Voucher afterwards to create their own. We’re loving the threaded pendant earrings, new cuff bracelets, and forever ever tiny heart rings.
Mas and Miek Ceramic House
Let’s face it, most of us have dreamt of recreating that famous Swayze pottery scene from Ghost. Perfect as a gift experience for the new couple, or even as a way to say thank you to the bridal party, Mas & Miek Ceramic House offers workshops from a one-off creative session in studio through to 8-week intermediate courses. So, get ready to throw down… on the pottery wheel that is.
Give the gift of words with NoteCube. How does it work? Simply enter the recipient’s name, select 10-20 of their best qualities, and add some pics. NoteCube will do the rest and you’ll end up with 60 personalised messages delivered in a keepsake box. A thoughtful gift full of memories for years to come!
The Good Plant Co.
The Good Plant Co. deliver happiness in the form of room-ready plants, straight to your door. Whether you’re buying the couple a love fern (if you know, you know), or want to thank your parents or suppliers with a living gift, check these guys out. We think the Mini Monstera, Pink Princess, and Chinese Money Plant will be happy in their new home.
Tourism operators have been doing it tough, and there’s no better way to experience Brisbane than from one of the Riverlife adventures. Take in the iconic sights from the water, get your heart beating with a rock climb, or abseil down the Kangaroo Point cliffs. A gift of a lifelong memory beats another item collecting dust on the shelf, and you’d be supporting local business at the same time.
These sweet edible gifts are perfect for a range of thank yous! Grab a Mini Gift Pack (6 Chocolates boxed, with Rockyroad, Honeycomb, and Florentines) or splash out on an Extra Large Gift Pack containing a selection of 31 Degrees’ most popular products. If you want your gift to keep on giving, why not check out their Subscription Box?!
Founded by Alana Taylor, Bridesmaid Boxes operates from a boutique home studio to deliver you the best quality bridal party gifts. Build-your-own box or choose from one of their pre-curated hampers. Our picks for small gifts include an engraved rose gold compact mirror and vintage whiskey glass.
The Adventure Challenge
We’re fans of gifts that get couples beyond the living room and into adventure territory. The Adventure Challenge Couples Edition is a book full of experiences waiting to be scratched off. With 50 challenges across a broad range of categories, couples can reignite date night, and have a whole lot of fun along the way. Gift to your new spouse complete with instant camera, or purchase as a thoughtful gift the couple.
Want more ideas?